S casually said, "I don't want to go to karate anymore." After talking about it for awhile, he said that it WAS fun, but that he didn't want to do a class that I couldn't stay for. We talked about how the instructors were strangers right now, but that they wouldn't be by the time I would start to leave the room. He said that he wouldn't ever feel comfortable enough for me to leave.
Then, he added that the class had too many rules, anyway. "I'll just learn karate on my own," he said in a happy voice, "and you can do it with me!"

That's awesome! M eventually got bored of the gymnastics class he took last summer, and eventually stopped going.
ReplyDeleteAidan seems interested in karate and I am tempted to sign him up. When I read your first post about this I thought that approach might work, but I think that in the end Aidan will feel the same way and just want to do karate at home with me.
ReplyDeleteSo to try or not?? :) I think Moira would be interested in a tumbling class, too, but at the same time I am not sure she will. I think she loves to dance now and that making it something to learn will make it less fun. But if I try to explain that to people, I am not sure they will get it.